donderdag 10 juli 2014

Let's talk about Meryl!

Everyone has got at least someone by whom they are inspired. Someone they can look up to, relate to or learn from. Perhaps their history teacher, their mother or grandmother, a singer or a politician. Perhaps an actress. Perhaps Meryl Streep.

But there is one little, tiny, miniscule problem with those distinct people loving Meryl Streep (I've heard they called themselves Streepers...) namely... they haven't got lots of people actually interested in their long, never ending, talks about her. And I know it is very difficult to admit it, but when you've come this far that you didn't quit reading this post, I am pretty sure Meryl Streep has become an obsession to you. So here I am, part of that huge, unknown fandom called the Streepers, a girl living at the foot of the Ngong Hills (I wish I did), dreaming of the moment she has a love like Francesca had or being as funny as Suzanne Vayle or feeling Clarissa Vaughan's pain or wanting to sing The Winner Takes it All on a rooftop and I am ready to talk about Streep with you and believe me : I will never complain about it.

"Obsession is an attractive thing. People who are really, really interested and good at one thing and smart are attractive, if they're men."


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten